Friday, September 9, 2011

friday fixations

Source: google.com via Tahnee on Pinterest
{ombre and glitter nail polish} I haven't done this yet, I just love the hell out of it. I have done this with the only bit of glitter I have in my collection. I especially loved it, so I'd like to find more glitter polish for this and this. Especially that newer chunkier glitter. I really must have that.

{pride and prejudice} Unfortunately, I had never read this book, I'd only seen the movie. So since classics are free on Kindle, I started reading it on my ipod at night if I woke up and could not get back to sleep. Fast forward to today, and I'm halfway through and almost waking up in the middle of the night just to continue reading it. Not to mention that now I have to go back and rewrite paragraphs and letters and notes because I'm using extremely proper english punctuated with lots of semi-colons. Reading always influences my writing.

{chicken stock} After hoarding away chicken bones and scraps of vegetables for far too long, I'm finally getting around to making stock. I've been working on it for two days now! Actually, my crock pot has been working at it. I've just been doing the straining and cooling and skimming and packaging and freezing. It's good to do a major purge from the freezer before winter, right? Now (instead of bags and bags of bones) we'll have lots of delicious stock to use for soups and risottos and sauces! Perfect fall foods.


Source: lushlee.com via Idle on Pinterest
{mustard} I know it wasn't very long ago that I was singing the praises of other, cooler, colours, but I had to mention mustard because it's kind of an unexpected and surprising colour choice for me. Yeah. I surprised myself by suddenly thinking that this (the dusk colorway) or that would look really cute in the house. On a pillow or a headboard or a chair... or a wall. And look at how great it is with pink! Is it because it's fall and mustard just seems like the right thing to do right now? (for your amusement, my current desktop theme is rotating between four different mustardy-coloured photos.)

{vacation time} It feels like it's been so long since I've been away from the blog. I really enjoy writing here and coming up with posts and reading happy little comments. But I'm starting to feel very uninspired and tired of trying to come up with stuff, so I think I need to take a blog break. Recharge, refocus, refresh. Therefore, the next two weeks will be blog post free. I have some new ideas and designs and thoughts kicking around, so I think our time apart will be beneficial for both of us (plus I'll have loads of pictures to share when I get back -- we're going on an Alberta tour!). I miss you already!

5 comments:

Laeli said...

I freaking adore that dress!

Enjoy your time away!
We did a little tour-are soon to be on another soon-and it was wonderful. This is such a great province. I look forward to your return!

GALaxy said...

Thank you, Lael! I surely will! I'll probably throw a status or tweet out here and there and definitely some flickr and instagram photos will go up before I'm back! I can't quit the internet completely!

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

I recently got some pretty shimmery gold nail polish and I'm looking forward to combining it with some mint green.

I am so going to read Pride and Prejudice now that you said that! I've always enjoyed the movies and you gave it such a good review, how can I refuse?

I hope you enjoy your blog break! Sounds fun!

Stephanie said...

At sephora they have really nice nude polish and then a copper glitter that is chunky like the one pictured there. I love wearing them together

GALaxy said...

Lindsey: Gold and green sounds fantastic! The movies were so good, weren't they? The book is very good so far. I hope you enjoy it!

Stephanie: It's funny you should mention the nude polish cuz I've been looking around for some lately. I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks!