Friday, July 26, 2013

friday fixations

{my hoya plant} I've seen this plant flower before, sure; I've got lots of pictures of it. But this year, I don't know what I did differently. There's at least 10 of these flower clusters and more keep sprouting. I don't think I've ever seen it flower with more than two clusters at a time. The unfortunate part is that when they first open, the stink is pretty overwhelming and what's even more unfortunate is that it just happens to live in our bedroom (and obviously super likes it in there). This particular cluster must've opened some time last night because it actually woke me up this morning with the stench (I keep reading that they have a pleasant smell so maybe it's just me, but the flowers smell really musty and heavy -- it's a hard scent to describe but it's definitely not pleasant). I'm super sad about it because they're so pretty, but I think I have to cut them all off (after I take a bazillion more pictures of it, naturally).

{giant paper peonies} I want one of these on the wall in the bedroom (at least it's fragrance free). (Also who in their right mind would use these as an actual pinata?! Also I'm so sick of pinatas! No more pinata tutorials, okay, internet?)

{lazy wives club} This is the perfect pj shirt.

{it's it sandwich} These sound super delish.

{guide to talking to introverts} I am one and this is pretty darned accurate.

{cauliflower alfredo sauce} Like, what can't you do with cauliflower?!

{ceramic budgies} I stumbled on these sweet little guys and would love to have one (to add to my ever-growing bird collection that's getting crazy out of control and even extends into the yard now with a blue heron water fountain -- it was on clearance and I can't pass up birds AND clearance. I'm only human.)

No comments: