Friday, April 16, 2010

just some quick updates

I read about this weight loss idea (I don't want to call it a program) called, Eat Stop Eat, from this blog a week ago. Basically, the principle is that you take two days per week and fast for 24 hours. I know it sounds kinda crazy and strange, and I thought that, too. But then I started thinking about when I (noticeably for the first time ever) lost a bunch of weight a couple years ago. I pretty much did my own version of this only instead of consciously fasting for 24 hours, I just wouldn't eat if I wasn't sure I was hungry. The idea of that was whenever I felt like I was hungry, I'd get something to drink instead. Almost 95% of the time, I realized I was just really thirsty and not super hungry like I thought. Doing this really helped me listen to my body and listen to what it wanted. I quickly found out that it doesn't need as much food to function as I thought it did, and for the first time in my life I was actually in control. Well, I've since lost that control again and while I gained some weight back, I gained it back differently so while I don't feel or notice it as much, I would really love to regain that control I found before. I decided to give this diet a go, and I started fasting on Tuesday between 8 p.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday (actually it might have been more like 7:30. I've decided I'm not going to be super strict about it, because I want to eat with Idle Husband when he gets home -- which varies so much I can't really set specific times). Honestly, I wasn't hungry at all until maybe the last hour of the fast, and when I did eat, I didn't even feel like eating as much as I normally would. Thursday was an eat day (I decided) and while there's no rules on what you can or can't eat, I didn't feel like gorging myself just because. I had a reasonable breakfast, I actually had lunch (which I stopped doing before in an effort to lose weight) and a very nice dinner. I felt neither stuffed or deprived. Then I started fast number two at 8 p.m. last night. As strange as it sounds, I already feel better. I think I'm going to continue doing this for at least a month just to see where it takes me.

I've been fiddling around with some ideas for things, but I don't know where I'm going with them yet.

It finally feels like spring might be here to stay, though it's so windy that it's really hard to be outside and actually enjoy yourself. I really hate the wind.

I finished lining the dresser drawers. I used Mod Podge to glue down my antique wallpaper which seemed to work just fine. Only I rushed the job, cuz some of it ended up a little wrinkly. Oh well. I've finally got clothes in them and our other dresser is no longer (literally) bursting at the seams.

I have an idea for moving some curtains around between the bedroom and the office, I don't know if it'll pan out but I'm going to test it today (before I do any major curtain rod moveage). This is all because I'm not really keen on making yet another set of curtains (lazyness abounds).

T's got a charity garage sale going on next weekend, so I've been going through my boxes (again) sorting some of the nicer things out to donate. I'm almost glad I didn't get rid of that stuff. I was going to donate it to charity anyway, but at least now I know exactly where it's going and who it's helping.

Hermes is starting to develop quite the attitude. If he doesn't like something, he squawks incessently until it stops. If he's nervous, he does this little chirping thing. He doesn't flap all around the cage like he does when he freaks out, he just chirps a bit and moves back and forth. He's also getting smarter when it comes to treats. We bought some millet spray (which is basically a bunch of seeds on a long stick) and he completely freaked out when I put it in his cage. Then, a day later, he kinda nibbled it and after that it took him all of two days to completely strip it down to the bare stem. Now I'd really love one of those quick-job hand vacuums as there's tiny, static-clingy seed shells on almost every surface of my house.

Besides all that stuff, I've been feeling kinda unmotivated and uninspired. There's lots of things I should be doing, but I don't want to. I guess it's just been that kind of a week.

No comments: