Monday, June 27, 2011

a little bit of fort edmonton


the company bbq was pretty neat this year



there were free steaks and hamburgers in abundance, so why did I only have three chicken fingers?


a hand-cranked ferris wheel?


this is how they did buntings in the '20s. take note


the one thing I insisted on was a train ride

fort edmonton train



old-timey train conductor outfit + modern day water bottle = (you're ruining the magic)

brad pitt's VIP train room
we weren't allowed in this car since it was set up all fancy by them hollywood folks
(please see this movie if you want to watch the train in action)

5 comments:

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Yay! I love Fort Edmonton Park. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret. Lee and I are planning on getting married there one day on 1925 street. Think of the photo opportunities!

Tricky Nag said...

My absolute favorite place in the city!

Laeli said...

I haven't been yet! but seeing that carousel sure gives me a kick in the butt to do so:)

GALaxy said...

Lindsey: Uh it's not so secret anymore! ;)

Tricky Nag: I've been hesitant to go because I was told it was all farm stuff and I grew up on a farm, so, like, old things and horses don't really do much for me. But it looked like it had a lot of interesting things other than the farm-y stuff, so we might go back to check everything out! Everyone in Edmonton says it's their favourite place!

Lael: This was my first time there and we only saw the 1920s fair ground. It looked like they had a huge garden you could go look at, but I only saw it whizzing past on the train. :(

Jane said...

Gorgeous pics - you've captured the time period perfectly. We were through the fort a few years ago now, but really enjoyed the day.