Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Shawarma Thanksgiving!

Yesterday, I decided I didn't want to make dinner (sometimes I want a break from planning a meal, you know? Plus I didn't take anything out of the freezer to defrost) so we went and got beef shawarma from that place on 34th we like. Al Salam Pita (10141 34 ave). (It used to be called Pita the Great, if that helps you reference it) I think that since it was Thanksgiving, we were probably like one of the very few customers they had that day because the beef and the meal overall was extra tasty. Either that or it could be because after we ordered, I proclaimed enthusiastically, HAPPY SHAWARMA THANKSGIVING!!! And the guy who's always there and always takes our order looked back at me, smiled, and thought, oh my god! she's just too adorable! Then, feeling a rush of inspiration, he proceeded to give precise details to the cook on how to make the meal tastiest, going so far as to supervise the entire meal assembly just to ensure that our beef shawarma would be the best damn beef shawarma to ever leave the restaurant. Anyway, my cuteness paid off (again), cuz everything was extra good and the beef was super extra tender. Just look at it:

Tender beef, hummus, garlic dip, fatoush salad, pickles (it's weird, but it works)


Then, as if that wasn't enough, you eat it with these huge, uber fresh, uber puffy pita breads

The first time I tried it, I had sexy dreams about it for a week after. I'm not kidding. Sexy dreams. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and since I had taken pictures of the pitas due to their puffyness, I kept staring at them whenever I had a chance, and then soon, they started to take on a personality of their own which ended up inspiring this:


Happy Pita loves slow walks on the beach

Oh, Happy Pita! Where have you been all my life?

No comments: