Friday, October 23, 2009

Truthfully, in a moment of weakness, I ate the last 2 pieces of baklava yesterday so I didn't have any treats for Idle Husband after dinner



Whenever we want something sweet and it's 9 o'clock at night, I usually reach for this recipe. It's really fast, really easy, and I always have all the ingredients on hand (there used to be a time when I rarely had coconut, but then I found myself in a situation where I felt like I needed to buy a bag of shredded coconut the size of my head. Needless to say, I have yet to even make a dent in that). It's also very tasty which is really the most important point to any recipe.

Coconut Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup powdered milk
1/3 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, your call)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter (regular or light, your call. I always use light)

Mix in a bowl in that order (I only do it in that order to save myself from using three measuring cups. I'm anal like that, but you don't have to be! Mix it however you like, really). It takes a little while to get it all incorporated so don't freak out if you find yourself mixing for a little bit. Just kind of cut it in like you would with butter.
Squeeze, squish, or roll into whatever sized balls you like.
Enjoy! (they also taste really good the next day, too, and I like to pretend they're mildly good for you because of the milk)

No comments: