Sunday, May 1, 2011

april recap

I had a bit of a pancake obsession.

can you see the (accidental) heart?

pancakes with chorizo slices

ihop equivalent pancakes with homemade strawberry sauce and whipped cream

And a bit of a macaron obsession.

my latest: chocolate banana with white chocolate ganache & peanut butter



too many tulips meant too many pictures


some delicious greek easter candies with amazing packaging (they tasted like chewy werther's)


I realized what a mess my thread jar was in, so I cleaned it up


I felt badly when a pair of geese discovered their home had been turned into someone else's


walking, walking, walking

3 comments:

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

What lovely feet your macarons have! Recipe please!

Deborah said...

Nice!!! I love that tulip vase. And the goose - I happen to live right under a geese flight path and each spring and fall, I hear, and can sometimes see them flying over. It always feels like such an honor for some reason. Happy May! I love my calendar and now a new month-

GALaxy said...

Lindsey: I'm still using variations of Bravetart's recipe. I'm considering trying another but using Bravetart's technique. I really like that devil-may-care method.

TCFO: Thanks! I've had that jug for years! Poor geese. They looked all over (his mate was on an adjacent garage), honked at each other, and left. I'm sure they'll find an even better spot this year. It was just really depressing at the time. So glad to hear you're enjoying the calendar!