Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I need a skin graft


Last night, while peeling cucumbers, my grip slipped and I slammed the peeler down into my thumb and sliced off a thick piece of skin. It's kind of a deep gouge, I have to say, and super painful. I managed to slow the bleeding by the time Idle Husband came home and helped me wrap some bandage tape around it.

You know what my first thought was, though? Damn it! I have to make bread today! Annnd I'm making St. Patrick's Day cupcakes today, too. Awesome job. Like it would have been way better to gouge out my thumb sometime tomorrow instead of last night, naturally.

Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to pick up some bandages and neosporin or something today on le walk because my usual liquid bandage is not going to cut it. I had tears in my eyes just rinsing it under plain water. There's no way I'm putting that liquid bandage on cuz it stings like crazy on the tiniest of cuts. Also I'm regretting not putting anything under the bandage tape. At the time, I thought it was actual bandage and then we'd secure it with tape, but after it went on I realized it was tape that looked bandage-y so now I'm scared to pull it off cuz isn't that just going to reopen things? Oh well. Tonight, I'm going to take a deep breath and just do it. Better sooner than later, right?

On a lighter note: the budgie is finally nibbling on the special treats we're giving him! He had a breakthrough yesterday when I gave him a piece of lettuce covered in water, and he decided to lick the water off of it (one of his favourite activities so far) and then decided to try nibbling it! So last night, we gave him an orange piece, but it was too late for him to care. This morning, I squeezed it open a bit more and he decided to taste that, too. I guess the flavour might be too strange for him yet, because he takes a taste then spends a minute to rub his head all over his mirror. Then takes another taste and repeats the process. Wooo! Oranges are tangy!

No comments: