Monday, March 29, 2010

om nom

See that? That's Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream. Cheesecake in an ice cream. Oy. Just smear it on my thighs already. And, honestly, that's exactly how it tasted. Rich, creamy and smooth, with satisfying chunks of graham cracker crust and little bursts of fresh blueberry. I made this recipe mostly for Idle Husband as his absolute favourite ice cream to buy is something called Tin Lizzy Cheesecake from Safeway, and since I got my new ice cream maker, I've been thinking about trying to recreate that flavour. So when I stumbled on this recipe, I just had to give it a go.

Anyway, it made so much ice cream that I currently have three containers of it plus a popsicle tray full. What? Yeah, a popsicle tray. Mom brought me one of those old fashioned plastic trays, and as I was pondering the ice cream situation, I pondered whether I could make ice cream pops. Sure enough, if you warm the outside a bit and twist while pulling, they come out perfectly formed, and they stay that way the entire time you're eating them (aka not messy at all).

Ice creamsicle


Naturally, it's also good in bowls.

If you have an ice cream maker and a box of Jello instant cheesecake mix, I suggest making this. It's probably one of the best ice cream recipes I've made yet.

No comments: