Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the title makes me think of that youtube video, Chocolate Rain. Just, you know, FYI


We've been glued to this game all weekend. I really love watching gameplay. I don't know if I've ever said that, but I think that all comes from how I grew up only being allowed to watch the boys play Nintendo rather than ever being asked (or considered) to play also. Anyway, any video game that Idle Husband plays that actually has a great story and keeps me interested, I'm all for. So Heavy Rain is just that sort of game but it goes one step further. It's like a movie. No, truly, it is. It's all cinematic and the story isn't really your typical video game plot. Then what you do is all the actions and decisions. Clean a cut, start a car, climb a fence, all which (presumably) effect the eventual result. We've really become emotionally attached to the characters which isn't hard to do the way the game's set up. It's not like other video games where if your character gets hurt or dies you think nothing of it. Oh, I'll come back to life or get more health somewhere. Meh. Whatever. Heavy Rain makes you feel like you have to take care of the character and keep them out of harm's way. So when they get into certain situations (like having to climb through power lines or fight off a home invader) you really get panicky and stressed out trying to push the buttons correctly so the character doesn't get hurt. It's amazing really. Highly recommended.

In other news: I thought it was spring, but this morning it was cold and windy. Today I had planned on starting to refinish this dresser I bought last year, but after my walk I was just too cold. I'm still cold. I put on a sweater, but that doesn't seem to be helping much. Of course, that's just the way as I was planning on doing the dresser, but it's downstairs where it's noticeably colder and the thought of being downstairs has me literally shivering (or cringing, but I'm going to go with shivering because it accentuates my cold excuse better). I should just suck it up and do it already because I've been putting it off for so long, and I might even warm up (doubtful).

No comments: