Friday, December 3, 2010

friday fixations

popsicles and snow 

{brightly coloured walls} I don't know if it's cuz it's winter, but I really love the mixture of colours in this home. I especially love the painted lamp and plate shelf (it kinda looks like maybe the pink rug, too) in the third picture down. What a clever idea!

{flowers and garlands} All I want for Christmas are pink paper flowers, multicoloured pom-poms on garlands, flowers strung onto string, primary coloured garlands and buntings strung on the walls, and huge yellow pom-poms hanging from the ceiling. Here are some favourite bookmarks: wax paper flowers, napkin flowers (I want to make these so badly), pom-pom tutorial, flower garland, ruffled fabric garland, wool beads (page 35), and tissue paper pom-poms.

{advent calendars} I've always wanted one of these, and to this day, I still haven't gotten one. Why? Cuz I always forget about it, that's why! Look here! It's December 3rd already and where's my advent calendar? Nowhere, that's where. Sigh. Maybe I'll have the time and foresight next year. Here are some great ideas for DIY calendars. I especially love the literary advent calendar and the calendar from German magazine Living & More.

{dots} Have you ever been to this store? Honestly, it was always that shop with clothes I didn't care so much for. But then, I don't know, I grew up or my tastes became more refined or something, because now it's one of my favourite stores. I don't think there's ever a time I go where I don't end up with a huge armful of clothes to try on. They've got brands and styles that I can guarantee you won't find anywhere else. And the most exciting thing? They've got sales going on all the time! Sign up for their emailing list and you'll hear about them first.

{boxes} Isn't this one kind of obvious? Any time I see one, I'm like, 'Ooooh that's one good lookin' box! It would be so perfect for books or china or other small yet heavy items!' Cuz that's what I need right now. Boxes that are good for small and heavy items.

1 comment:

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Have you seen this advent calendar? I love it and I think I might actually make it sometime. Or maybe next year.

http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2010/11/magnetic-holiday-advent-calendar-diy/