Wednesday, December 1, 2010

there's mayo on this grilled cheese!


I know it's just grilled cheese, but it's the best grilled cheese ever and it's not like I'm doing anything differently with it. It's this new 4-in-1 grill we just purchased. I know it is. Long gone are the days of grilling cheeses on a bulky pancake griddle that would burn the bread before the cheese even melted. Gone are the days of having to squish down the sandwich with my largest pot lid so as to melt that cheese before the bread burned.

So, no. I didn't think it was possible to make grilled cheese any better. I honestly just thought that this machine would be better because it's more space saving, easier to clean, and more multipurpose than just a simple griddle. I had no idea that it would make the best grilled cheese ever.


Is it the lines that make it better? I've never had a panini so I really can't say whether they're a superior sandwich to a normal toasted sandwich. If they are, why are regular sandwiches even being offered anymore? Why aren't there more panini grilled cheeses? Someone needs to rectify this and fast.


Normally, I would add a slice of tomato to my grilled cheese, but I'm really digging simple cheese right now. And I used to use the plastic wrapped processed grilled cheese cheese (what don't they make nowadays?), but I realized that's just dumb. Plain ol' cheddar works just fine.  There is mayo on this grilled cheese, too -- eh hem, I mean Miracle Whip. I just refer to it as mayo because it always has and always will be my mayo. And I always like to add some vegetable seasoning or salt and pepper. Just to give it a little something extra.

We have them for dinner almost every week, since they're kind of my go-to when I haven't got a clue what else to make. But now they're coming out so melty and so good, I kinda just want to eat variations of grilled cheese for every meal now. It wouldn't be hard to convince Idle Husband, either. As long as the grilled cheeses included bacon.

4 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

oooh my. That is one beautiful sandwich!

erika edith said...

grilled cheese has to be one of my favorite meals. sometimes we even get fancy by using more than one kind of cheese at a time ;)

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Such a purdy sandwich lady! I have grill envy now.

GALaxy said...

Grilled cheese for every vegetarian dinner from now on!