Monday, December 20, 2010

christmas antipasta

cropped and doctored just cuz I figured I might as well do something with it

Holy! When I saw the photos (all two of them) relating to this recipe, I nearly fell over. They're just a tad pathetic (haha a "tad") compared to some of the others I've taken this year. It makes me want to unpack measuring cups and bowls (and buy ingredients -- cuz I literally have nothing in the fridge and we're probably going to eat pasta for the next two days) just to make this again only for the purpose of getting some proper shots of it. But on the bright side, it's made me realize how far I've come with my photography this year, and I'm going to work even harder on it in the new year.

So my beautiful antipasta was obviously lacking the photographic justice it deserved (even though it's not really that photographic to begin with), but that really shouldn't make a difference on whether to make it or not. I can definitely attest to its deliciousness. Antipasta is one of those food things that really makes me think of Christmas. Its savoury sweetness makes it a nice change from all those Christmas cookies and when paired with Ritz crackers, it's got that sweet salty thing going on that I especially love. It also makes a perfect gift for the holidays because (depending on what size of jars you use) it makes a not-too-overwhelming amount, leaving you with just enough to gift and enough to keep (so you don't feel shorted after all that chopping you just did).

Here's where I blogged about it (and where you can get the entire story) and here it is on Tasty Kitchen!

No comments: